Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love you, White!

The other day, one of my friends commented "the next time we go shopping, I'm stopping you from buying white tops...you have too many..." In my mind, I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..." Hahahaha.

Last Wednesday, I went shopping with a bunch of my new friends. They are sort of getting my aesthetic. I go for more bizarre, unfinished or basic pieces. I hardly ever buy pieces that are very obvious. I think that comes from my love of layering and creating looks. The thrill I get from turning something ugly into something worth wearing is crazy. That's why I love my white tops. They totally tame wild pieces or add class to she-she stuff.



I don't think I need to tell you white tops go with practically everything. The rare occasions that I do get to go shopping, I always make sure to pick up a new white top. My new friends (who I've shopped with twice) find it so unnecessary but white is my fall back colour. I have this obsession with both drappy and super tight white tops. I go for either or when I shop.



I love wearing tight white ups with high waisted bottoms.
Although slouchy tops go with high waisted too, tight tops give off this classy feel to me.


The drappy/baggy/slouchy white top is so comfortable, I try to wear it with everything.


Drappy top for extremely hot summer days and to boy up a girly outfit.

My favourite places to pick up white tops would have to be TopShop and department stores. White tops do not need to be expensive or branded. If you dress them up right, they look timeless and fabulous without needing to cost a bajillion bucks.

Yes, I love green and black too. Hahaha. They're on the same level as white to me. :D

No comments: