Thursday, October 30, 2008

Slide For Life!! Hold on, don't die!!

Once in awhile, my friends and I have nutty ideas of doing things that are potentially really dangerous. A few weekends back, we decided to slide for our lives. Not something I'd recommend if you're faint of heart. How'd we come to sliding? Well, we were bumming in Subic (roughly a 2 hour drive from Manila) just because we felt we needed a break from our work world when my friend had the brilliant idea to slide from tree to tree.


From the longest slide. My friend hanging on for dear life.

That picture probably doesn't really show how high up we were. But it shows how dangerous that slide thing was. It's you, a harness, rope, and the hand bar. CRAZY.

Well, this was how it went. We climbed up a tree (there were stairs so not much of a hassle). Then we slid to another tree. Then we had to cross a long shakey wooden bridge to the next tree.


That is the tree we had to cross the bridge to. Crazy, right?! That's how high up we were.

After the first slide I was ready to go home. It was fun but I was freaking out. Then I had to look down. I saw how high up I was and all these thoughts of the rope snapping and whatnot kept running through my mind.


Freaky. It was wrong of me to go in flipflops.

Okay, so I couldn't find a way down so I had to finish the entire course which was cool. The longest slide was the scariest. Pretty much got all my friends cussing as they slid. HAHA. I actually took a video of me sliding from one tree to the other but I don't think I'm ready to embarrass myself that much. Haha.

So, if you wanna try the slide for life (yes, that's what it's called), go on to Subic and look for the eXtreme Adventures camp. It's near the Triboa-QB area so you can just ask for directions. When you go, I suggest you wear denim shorts. My friend told me (who wore soft cloth shorts) that she felt the harness' pull a lot. HAHA. Imagine if she was a boy.

No comments: