Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Way Too Evil

I'm the type of person who goes through phases in her music. I obsess about music like it's nobody's business but once I feel a certain type of sound. I'm stuck until I discover or rediscover another sound that fits my mood more. Lately, I've been in this overly happy dancey mood. So, my music ranges now from everything from rappy, to electro, to disco, to rock. I am inlove with anything that makes me want to strut my amazing dance moves. Haha. My brother compares my dance moves to a popsicle stick bobbing up and down with absolutely no rhythmic movements. But that's not what I want to talk about. Hahaha. I want to talk about my love for Santogold.

Santogold said she was influenced by 80's pop songs and new wave stuff when she made her album and I think you can totally feel that when you hear her songs. They're so feel good and dance/sway-able. Some of her songs, to me, have so many elements to them. They can come across as somewhat african, jamaican... someone told me it sounded like it had indian influences in it. She's an awesome artist. Here, listen to sample of her music.




After listening to all my hardcore dancing music that totally get me pumped... Santogold's album is a good way to slowly calm me down. Her beats are still dance-able but she slows it down perfectly. I think that's what I love about her album... I can listen to it to dance to and I can listen to it to just chill to.

Buy her album here.

Okay... here's a very sad picture of me caught in my momentary insanity (i love dancey music!!). I was shaking my groove thang and was laughed at endlessly by my friends. Like they're not even a tiny bit just as crazy.


dress from topshop
I'll give you a better shot of that dress some other time.


Here are other artists that are on my playlist that you might want to check:
Shit Disco
LCD Soundsystem
Tilly and the Wall
New Young Pony Club
Simian Mobile Disco

No comments: